- Total Equity Funding
- $58.64M in 4 Rounds from 4 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $8.12M Venture on April 1, 2013
- San Jose, California
- Solar Junction manufacturers III-V multi-junction solar cells based on A-SLAM™ materials for concentrated photovoltaic systems.
- Jim Weldon, Vijit Sabnis, Homan Yuen, Michael Wiemer
- Semiconductor, Solar, Manufacturing
Solar Junction is a manufacturer of high efficiency III-V multi-junction solar cells based on ASLAM ™ materials. The company is dedicated to providing the industry’s highest efficiency solar cells to enable CPV as a cost effective energy solution. Founded in 2007, Solar Junction is headquartered in San Jose, California. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Advanced Technology Ventures.
Funding Rounds (4) - $58.64MUpdate
|Mar 6, 2016||TechCrunch - There’s more to early-stage funding than VC money|
|Jul 18, 2013||Gigaom - Is the 50% efficient solar cell on the horizon?|
|Apr 27, 2012||Gigaom - And the greentech VC exodus continues|
|Feb 13, 2012||FinSMEs - FinSMEs|
|Feb 13, 2012||Xconomy - Solar Junction Lands $19,200,000 New Funding|
|Apr 15, 2011||TechCrunch - Cleantech Investor Raj Alturu Moves From DFJ To Silver Lake Kraftwerk|
|Apr 14, 2011||CNet - Solar Junction claims cell efficiency record - CNET|
|Feb 16, 2011||CNet - Multilayered solar cell boosts efficiency - CNET|
401 Charcot Ave.
San Jose, California 95131