- Total Equity Funding
- $3.4M in 3 Rounds from 10 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $3.4M Seed on October 13, 2016
- San Francisco, California
- Pay By Group is an checkout option on travel and retail e-commerce sites that lets friends and families split the cost and pay together.
- Dan Oblinger, Frank Langston, Camilo Acosta
- E-Commerce, Social Media, Payments
Pay By Group is an checkout option on travel and retail e-commerce sites that lets friends and families split the cost and pay together so no one has to carry the burden of fronting the total cost.
PayByGroup is a 500 Startups accelerator alum and was founded by Camilo Acosta and Frank Langston, who originally met as freshmen at Princeton University in 2003.
Funding Rounds (4) - $3.4MUpdate
|Oct 19, 2016||FinSMEs - Pay By Group Raises $3.4M in Seed Funding|
|Oct 14, 2016||TNooz - Pay By Group receives $3.4 million in seed investment|
|Jun 12, 2014||TechCrunch - Balanced Adds Push-To-Card Payment Option For Marketplaces|
|Feb 19, 2014||Venture Beat - The new 500 Startups class is the most international yet, and they're zombies!|
|Nov 7, 2013||TechCrunch - Less Than A Year Post-Pivot, Payments Platform Spreedly Raises Additional $500K|
|Sep 18, 2013||TechCrunch - Growing Payment-Splitting Platform PayByGroup Expands Internationally|
|Mar 7, 2013||TechCrunch - Chatting Is Great, But GroupMe’s Mobile Apps Now Let Users Split Payments, Too|
|Nov 8, 2012||Venture Beat - PayByGroup's new feature takes the hassle out of group ticket buying|
880 Harrison Street
San Francisco, California 94107