- IPO / Stock
- Went Public on Feb 9, 2011 / NASDAQ:GEVO
- Total Equity Funding
- $59.5M in 4 Rounds from 7 Investors
- Englewood, CO
- Gevo focuses on the production of isobutanol, thereby bringing renewable and cost-effective fossil fuel alternatives to consumers worldwide.
- Frances Arnold, Peter Meinhold, Matthew Peters
- Energy, Fossil Fuels, Fuel, Renewable Energy
Gevo brings renewable and cost-effective fossil fuel alternatives to consumers worldwide will be absolutely essential to meet increasing energy demands and save their earth from global warming. Gevo focuses on the production of isobutanol.
Advanced biofuels like isobutanol can also address many challenges that first-generation biofuels such as ethanol have faced on their path to market: energy efficiency, transport and the need to modify existing engines. In contrast, isobutanol:
- Has a higher energy content per gallon than many first generation biofuels
- Does not absorb water and can be transported through the existing oil and gas distribution infrastructure.
- Can be used in gas-powered vehicles without modification or blending, which reduces our dependency on fossil fuels.
Funding Rounds (4) - $59.5MUpdate
Current Team (6)Update
Chief Licensing Officer, General Counsel and Secretary
Chief Executive Officer & Board of Directors
Chief Commercial Officer
President, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Technology Officer
Chairman, Board of Directors
CFO and EVP of Corporate Development & Strategy
|Aug 4, 2016||PRNewswire UK All - Aviation Fuel Market - Biofuels, America, Air BP, Shell, Exxon Mobil, Chevron and Gazprom Lead Growth to 2020|
|Jul 11, 2016||Digital News Asia (SE Asia) - CEO of Khazanah-owned VC firm Xeraya joins What’s Next|
|Jun 7, 2016||Consumerist - Alaska Airlines Testing Flights With Fuel Made From Fermented Corn|
|Dec 30, 2015||Greentech Media - Cleantech IPOs: Predictions Revisited, 2015 Winners, 2016 Picks|
|Oct 28, 2015||PRNewswire UK All - Green Solvents Market is Expected to Reach $13 Billion, Globally by 2020|
|Sep 30, 2015||PRNewswire UK All - Automotive Refinish Coatings Market is Expected to Reach $11.3 Billion, Globally, By 2021 - Allied Market Research|
|Jul 28, 2015||Business Wire - Research and Markets: Global Bio-Polyethylene Terephthalate Market 2015 - Analysis and Forecasts to 2019|
|Jul 22, 2015||PRNewswire UK All - Global Bio-based Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Market 2015-2019 with Include Anellotech, Coca Cola, Gevo, PepsiCo & Toyota Tsusho Dominating|
345 Inverness Drive South, Building C,
Englewood, CO 80112