- Acquired by ZJF Group on November 23, 2010
- Total Equity Funding
- $17.02M in 2 Rounds from 6 Investors
- Cork, Cork
- Firecomms combines silicon semiconductor technology with small-scale integration to provide fiber optic solutions and optical transceivers.
- Thomas Moriarty, John Lambkin
- Semiconductor, Electronics, Manufacturing
Firecomms is a compound semiconductor company that develops high-speed light sources in visible range wavelengths. The company's lasers and LEDs enable low-cost, high-speed optical data transmission and data capture using visible light; creating new opportunities for optical data communications in small area networks, like those used in car networks and home networks.
Funding Rounds (2) - $17.02MUpdate
Current Team (3)Update
|Nov 30, 2010||Dow Jones - Chinese ZJF Group Acquires Irish High-Tech Company Firecomms|
|Jul 18, 2009||electronics-eetimes.com - Firecomms raises $5 million - Electronics Eetimes|
|Apr 28, 2006||Irish Examiner - Technology - Photonics company raises €9.6m|
2200 Airport Business Park
Cork, Cork 2200