- San Diego, CA
- DivX creates, distributes and licenses digital video technologies that enable consumers to enjoy video experiences on any device.
- Darrius Thompson, Jérôme Rota, Jordan Greenhall
- Consumer Electronics, Software, Video
DivX provides the popular DivX codec, which allows for high quality videos and minimal file sizes.
DivX, LLC, (NASDAQ: SNIC) a division of Sonic Solutions, enables consumers to enjoy a high-quality video experience across any kind of device. We create, distribute and license digital video technologies that span the "three screens" comprising today's consumer media environment — the PC, the television and mobile devices. Over 350 million DivX devices have shipped into the market from leading consumer electronics manufacturers. We also offer content providers and publishers a complete solution for the distribution of secure, high-quality digital video content. Driven by a globally recognized brand and a passionate community of hundreds of millions of consumers, DivX is simplifying the video experience to enable the digital home.
DivX is among the world's most popular digital media formats, powering a worldwide ecosystem of content, software and consumer electronics devices.
- DivX™ is a registered trademark of DivX, Inc.
- DivX™ is a digital media format
- DivX™ software enables the playback and creation of high definition H.264 video in an MKV file container
- DivX™ licenses its technology to content creators and provides an online video-on-demand system for content distributors
- DivX™ offers certification programs for software and hardware products that support DivX™ video creation and playback
- DivX, Inc. was incorporated in May 2000 and completed its IPO in September 2006
- In November 2007, DivX, Inc. acquired MainConcept, a leading provider of H.264 video technology
- In late 2008, DivX, Inc. launched its newest certification program for devices that play DivX Plus HD (H.264-based) video
- In August 2009, DivX, Inc. acquired AnySource Media, the creator of the on-demand Internet television platform
- DivX TV was announced in January 2010, bringing Internet media to the TV in an embedded platform
- Lionsgate, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Starz Media's Overture Films and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution have approved distribution of their content by retailers using the DivX™ format
- Hollywood content in the DivX™ format is available online from CinemaNow (US), Film Fresh (US), Warner Video Live (France), FilmOn.com (UK) and Play4Film (Worldwide)
Funding Rounds (4) - $35MUpdate
Current Team (7)Update
DivX HiQ was added to CrunchBase in 2010
DivX Plus Converter was added to CrunchBase in 2010
DivX Plus Player was added to CrunchBase in 2010
DivX Plus Software was added to CrunchBase in 2010
DivX Plus Web Player was added to CrunchBase in 2010
DivX TV was added to CrunchBase in 2010
|Sep 12, 2016||divx.com - Sonic to Acquire DivX|
|Jul 1, 2016||NeoWin - MediaInfo 0.7.87|
|Jun 2, 2016||Market Wired - Top - NeuLion Announces Annual Meeting Results for Director Elections|
|Apr 27, 2016||Xconomy - Lindzon Sees Place for SparkFin in Constellation of Mobile Fintechs|
|Apr 15, 2016||Vice - Motherboard - Why The First Wave of Chat Bots Are a Bit of a Mess|
|Mar 24, 2016||Market Wired - Top - NeuLion, Inc. Announces TSX Approval of US$10 Million Stock Buy Back Through Normal Course Issuer Bid|
|Feb 6, 2016||NeoWin - VLC Media Player 2.2.2|
|Jan 5, 2016||PRNewswire UK All - PathPartner Technology Showcases Automotive Infotainment Solutions at CES 2016|
4780 Eastgate Mall
San Diego, CA 92121