- Total Equity Funding
- $7.62M in 5 Rounds from 10 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $4.3M Series A on November 21, 2012
- Sydney, New South Wales
- biNu is a virtual smartphone platform that delivers lightning-fast, data efficient internet apps and services to Android and feature phones.
- Gour Lentell
- Education, Search Engine, Social Media, Cloud Computing, Apps, Mobile
biNu’s patented virtual smartphone cloud platform delivers mobile internet services 10x faster than standard mobile browsers using 10x less mobile data to Android and feature phones in emerging markets.
The company leverages its patented mobile platform to:
- Reach consumers through targeted surveys and polls for market research and reward participation through airtime credits.
- Develop cloud based virtual apps and content.
- Build engaged mobile audiences via distribution through app stores and partners.
- Develop commercial value through market research, advertising and user payments.
Funding Rounds (5) - $7.62MUpdate
Current Team (4)Update
|Sep 25, 2013||Venture Beat - Startup gets U.N. nod for its developing-world tech|
|Jun 4, 2013||Venture Beat - biNu brings high-speed, low-power services to Android in emerging markets|
|Mar 19, 2013||TechCrunch - biNu Opens Its Feature Phone Platform To Third Party Apps, Starting With Romance Publisher Harlequin|
|Feb 20, 2013||The Next Web - Feature Phone App Specialist BiNu Hits 5M MAUs|
|Dec 12, 2012||TechCrunch - biNu Partners With US State Dept. To Distribute English-Language Learning Materials|
|Nov 21, 2012||Pando Daily (US) - Extra bandwidth: BiNu closes $4.3 million Series A|
|Nov 21, 2012||TechCrunch - biNu Raises $4.3M To Bring Apps to Feature Phones, Launches Credits Program|
|Nov 21, 2012||The Next Web - BiNu Closes $4.2M to Bring Apps to Feature Phone Users|
102 George Street The Rocks
Sydney, New South Wales 2000