Subscribe to the CrunchBase Daily
for the latest on Fundings, Acquisitions, and Startup Events
Other Apple Products
The iPhone 4S will be offered in the US by AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.
- Dual-core A5 CPU, said to be “2x as fast at CPU tasks”
- Dual-core graphics, up to “7x faster than the previous iPhone”
- Battery life estimates: 8 hours talk time on 3G, 14 hours on 2G. 6 hours of browsing on 3G, 9 on Wi-Fi. 10 hours of video playback, 40 hours of music.
- Theoretical download speeds of 14.4Mbps (as opposed to 7.2 on the iPhone 4.)
- World Phone (the one model will handle both GSM [like AT&T] and CDMA [like Verizon], and it should work well in most countries around the world)
- 8 megapixel camera (Photo resolution: 3264 x 2448). The camera also takes advantage of image processing on the A5 chip, enabling stuff like Face detection and - - - 26% more accurate white balance.
- 1080p video recording with real-time noise reduction and video stabilization (!)
- Voice-controlled personal assistant. You can ask things like “Will it rain in Cupertino?”, or “Can you find me a Greek Restaurant in Palo Alto?,” or “What’s the time in Paris?” and it’ll answer accordingly. This is the culmination of their purchase of Siri back in 2010
- Available in black or white
- Pricing 16GB for $199, 32GB for $299, or 64GB for $399. This is the first time Apple has offered a 64GB iPhone.
The iPhone 4S will go on sale in the US on October 14 2011.