Google's Custom Search Engine is a tailored search experience, built using Google's core search technology, that prioritizes or restricts search results based on websites and pages you specify. Your Custom Search Engine can be tailored to reflect your point of view or area of expertise. With a Custom Search Engine, you can:
- Apply your website's look and feel to the search results page.
- Provide search refinements within results pages to make it easier for searchers to find the information they're looking for.
- Add sites to your search engine's index as you surf the web.
- Invite friends and trusted users to co-edit and contribute to your search engine.
- Make money from your Custom Search Engine by participating in Google's AdSense program.
Once you've defined your search engine index, Google will give you a simple piece of code for a search box to place on your site or blog. You'll then have the option to choose various customization options to make the look and feel and functionality of your search engine your own.
This product competes with Yahoo's BOSS.
|Jan 18, 2016||Search Engine Land - Google To Shut Several Search APIs In February|
|Jul 27, 2015||Search Engine Watch - Google to Stop Unofficial Autocomplete API|
|Jul 27, 2015||Search Engine Land - Google To Shut Down Autocomplete API On August 10th|
|Jul 27, 2015||The Inquirer.net - Google to Stop Unofficial Autocomplete API|
|Aug 28, 2014||TechCrunch - In-App Search Is An App That Searches In Your Apps|
|Nov 1, 2011||Search Engine Land - SearchCap: The Day In Search, November 1, 2011|
|Mar 12, 2011||Search Engine Watch - Google Awestruck In Presence Of Royalty|
|Feb 15, 2011||Mashable - 5 Website Features You Can Easily Offload to Reduce Costs|