Google Chrome is an based on the open source web browser Chromium which is based on Webkit. It was accidentally announced prematurely on September 1, 2008 and slated for release the following day. It premiered originally on Windows only, with Mac OS and Linux versions released in early 2010.
* Tabbed browsing where each tab gets its own process, leading to faster and more stable browsing. If one tab crashes, the whole browser doesn't go down with it
* A distinct user interface that places tabs on top of the browser window instead of right below the address bar
* An "incognito" mode that lets you browse the web in complete privacy because it doesn't record any of your activity
* Malware and phishing lists that automatically update themselves and warn you of bad websites
* A default homepage that displays your most commonly used sites and other personalized information
Google chose to introduce Chrome to the media via a comic book written by Scott McLeod.
- 06/03/14 -techcrunch.com
- 02/27/14 -techcrunch.com
- 02/19/14 -techcrunch.com
- 02/03/14 -techcrunch.com
- 01/28/14 -techcrunch.com
- 01/16/14 -techcrunch.com