Ijad Madisch is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of ResearchGate, the social networking site for scientists and researchers to share papers, ask and answer questions and find collaborators.
Ijad holds a M.D. and Ph.D., and studied Medicine and Computer Science. In 2005 he received the RSNA Young Investigator Prize for his work on ultra high-resolution CT Imaging of tissue-engineered bone growth.
After several years in Boston, where Ijad worked as a Radiology Researcher at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Ijad moved to Berlin and founded ResearchGate in 2008. The company is now based in Berlin and has offices in Cambridge, Mass. Ijad has stated that he wishes to win a Nobel Prize through the site by disrupting the way in which science is conducted.
|Sep 24, 2016||The Economist - The freaks are coming|
|May 11, 2015||Huffington Post - Tech - 'Facebook for Scientists' Could Change Science Research For Good -- And For The Better|
|Apr 11, 2015||TechCrunch - Yahoo Answers Is Not Research, Or How Two Startups Are Fighting For The Future Of Knowledge|
|Dec 1, 2014||Venture Village - Events Diary 01 – 07 December – our pick of the hottest startup events this week|
|Oct 15, 2014||Venture Village - HEUREKA Conference 2015 – grab your Crazy Bird ticket now!|
|Mar 14, 2014||Gigaom - Academic social network ResearchGate aids debunking of stem cell study|
|Nov 13, 2013||Gigaom - Why Bill Gates doesn’t fear internet “balkanization”|
|Oct 29, 2013||TechCrunch - The Best And Brightest Startups From Around The World Come Out For Our First Disrupt Europe|
- DLDnyc 15 - Disrupting Science Research With A Social Network (Ijad Madisch, David Kirkpatrick)
- ResearchGate CEO: Let's Build Something That'll Change The World
- DLD14 - European Success Story (Ijad Madisch, Esther Dyson)
- Interview with Dr Ijad Madisch (ResearchGate) at the "digitising europe" summit in Berlin
- Ijad madisch von Researchgate im Interview
- Dr Ijad Madisch (ResearchGate) at the "digitising europe" summit in Berlin