|Indian Institute of technology, Delhi, B.Tech||2007|
Dipankar Sarkar is interested in startups, open source and scalable technologies.
· He is the brain behind Kwippy(http://kwippy.com) which is one cool micro-blogging platform & also works with Mosambe (http://mosambe.com) which is one of India’s best professional networks. In his spare time, he writes smaller applications which interface with many of the popular social networks like Facebook, twitter, Myspace.
· He believes that open source is the future and does his 2 cents contributing for OSVDB (The Open Source Vulnerability Database ), and helps them maintain their main web application. http://osvdb.org . He keeps active interest in cryptography and network security.
· He has a patent pending 894/DEL/2009, which is related to the mobile VAS industry and is in the process of filing some more patents.
· He has been the part of Google’s summer of code for 2005-06 and 2006-07 (India’s first 5 participants in GSoC), contributing code to open source projects. He has undertaken workshops ranging on topics from windows embedded programming to writing Facebook applications in python.
· Lately, he has been working with non-technical start ups as the world needs sustainable enterprises to ensure a bright future for our future generations. To this end he has been a part of STIR-e and green flip which both focus on creating long term value by promoting green & social technologies.