David Beatty is the Founder of Refer.me .
David is a computer engineer with over 24 years of IT and social media experience particularly in user-facing systems.
Prior to founding Refer.me,
David was an Executive Director in technology at Goldman Sachs in Honkg Kong. During his 12 years at Goldman Sachs, David was awarded a full Executive MBA scholarship.
He attended Kellogg- HKUST and graduated in 2011.
• An experienced Financial Services Technology Executive, with over 16 years experience in senior technology and management roles
• Led major infrastructure projects, responsible regionally for key technology platforms and teams (Network Desktop Solution / VDI Desktop Cloud Infrastructure, Microsoft Platform Engineering, Asia)
• Global Technical Lead used to managing and participating in global virtual teams
• Awarded Goldman Sachs EMBA scholarship, graduating from world #1 program in 2011 with highest ever results (Kellogg HKUST Executive MBA)
• Background in Computer Engineering, B.Eng (Computer Systems), UQ, 1996
• Lifelong passion for business model theory and computer software
• Recently Co - Founder & Director of two Hong Kong based Internet startups. Passionate about HK startups, and Hong Kong as the new Silicon Harbour for Asia
Specialties: Infrastructure Engineering, Data Center and Cloud Computing Strategy, Enterprise Software, Technology and General Business Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Social Media, Web Technologies, Securities Industry Technology Strategy .
Founder & Director
Executive Director, Technology, Asia
Sep, 2007 - Oct, 2011
Executive Director, Technology, Europe
1999 - Jan, 2007
Technology Strategy Consultant
1998 - Jan, 1999
Systems Engineer / Technology Consulting
1996 - Jan, 1998