|Stanford University Graduate School of Business, MBA|
|United States Naval Academy, BSME|
What I Love: Passionate about leveraging technology to improve satisfaction and productivity of individuals, groups, and enterprises. Big fan of Guy Kawasaki’s “surprise and delight” customer experience mentality. Practitioner and advocate of the “Pragmatic Marketing Framework” as well as the “Discover, Design, Deliver” user experience (UX) approach. Always pursuing win/win business partnerships as a force multiplier. Also a strong proponent of cross-industry functional collaboration for bench-marking best practices, knowledge sharing, etc.
• Ideal Situations: Thrive in dynamic environments: start-up, turn-around, re-positioning, launching new products, entering new markets, building new sales channels & partnerships, and organizational change management.
• Roles: VP Product Management/Marketing, VP Corporate Strategy, Business CIO, CEO of VC-backed start-up, Management Consultant.
• Career Experiences: Cross-functional leadership in high growth public and private companies. Extensive experience with product management & marketing, business development, web and mobile UX, IT, customer success, B2B and B2B2C SaaS, CRM & marketing automation, social media, strategy and partnerships, M&A, business process re-engineering, change management & organizational development, offshore product development.
• Public Company Experience: Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), CheckFree (NASD: CKFR), News Corp (NASD: NWS), and Raychem (NYSE: RYC)
• Private Company Experience: Janrain (SaaS social identity and marketing platform), Oblix (enterprise identity and SOA management software, acquired by Oracle), Paraform (engineering software, Stanford University spin-out, acquired by Nikon), Bain & Co.
• Stanford MBA, US Naval Academy BS Mechanical Engineering