WatchMojo.com is the leading producer and supplier of premium, professionally-produced factual infotainment video content to media companies, marketers and academic organizations.
The company has streamed 1.9 billion videos since 2006 and was founded and funded by Ashkan Karbasfrooshan in 2006, a finalist for Ernst & Young's Media Entrepreneur of the Year in 2012.
Profitable since November 2010, WatchMojo was privately-funded and today has no outside institutional investors. As such, it is one of the largest independent creators and distributors of premium video content in the world.
Its YouTube channel has generated 500 million all-time views, with 77 million streams in November 2013. As of December 1 2013, WatchMojo had over 1,250,000 subscribers, up from 100,000 as of January 1 2013.
- Digiday chose WatchMojo as a finalist for Best Entertainment Website alongside HBO and CBS.
- Marketing Magazine selected WatchMojo as a Digital Media Company to Watch Out For.
In September 2012, FlipBoard selected WatchMojo in its "Three Things We Love" feature, stating: "Few YouTube channels are as prolific as WatchMojo, which uploads as many as 10 videos per week about 'the people, places and trends viewers are passionate about.' Turns out that’s a pretty eclectic mix—it’s not unusual to flip from a biography of pop star Pink to a history of the CERN Large Hadron Collider.”
Through the "This Day In Video" initiative, WatchMojo covers pop culture and infotainment across a variety of categories, covering the People, Places and Trends that have shaped history, sports, entertainment, business, the arts and much more.
WatchMojo reaches 75 million consumers each month globally online, in mobile, over-the-top connected TVs, out-of-home digital networks and in academia.
- Online, WatchMojo reaches 25 million consumers per month, distributing video programming to the largest social networks, online magazines, blogs and video portals.
- In the out-of-home segment, WatchMojo reaches 50M consumers each month in malls, fast food restaurants, gyms, taxi cabs, and coffee shops in North America, Asia and Europe.
- Via XBOX, Google TV, and others, WatchMojo's programming can be found in homes across the world.
- The company's mobile websites and apps reach millions of consumers each month.
- Through partnerships with academic publishers and educational organizations, thousands of students rely on WatchMojo each day.
The company's library of original, informational and entertaining videos each last 5 to 10 minutes and cover the Automotive, Business, Comedy, Education, Fashion, Film, Food, Health, Green Living, How to, Lifestyle, Music, Pets, Politics, Science, Space, Sports, Technology, Travel, Urban, and Video Game categories.
Marketers who have turned to WatchMojo for videos in their advertising campaigns include Coca Cola, Statefarm, McDonald's, HTC, Activision, VW, Wrigley, Sears, Coors Molson, Bluefly, Kmart, Victoria's Secret, the Association of Optometrists, Yamasa, Malibu Rum, Telus, and many others.
5369 Saint Laurent
Montréal, QC H2T 1S5
Machinima is an online entertainment network that features clips and teasers from numerous video...
Maker Studios is a next-generation, talent first media company providing video stars, channels...
Revision3 is a multi-channel internet television network that creates, produces and distributes...
Next New Networks is a producer of online video networks and a media company allowing viewers to...
- 01/22/12 -techcrunch.com
- 12/28/11 -techcrunch.com
- 12/26/11 -techcrunch.com
- 02/07/10 -techcrunch.com
- 01/16/10 -techcrunch.com
- 01/11/10 -techcrunch.com
- 01/11/10 -techcrunch.com
- 12/22/09 -techcrunch.com