- Funding Received
- $0 in 3 Rounds from 6 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- Seed on April 8, 2010 / Undisclosed Amount
- December, 2009
- San Francisco, CA
- WakeMate is an electronic device that records users' sleep data and sounds within the 20-minute window prior to the set alarm time.
- Arun Gupta, Greg Nemeth, Tom Davis, Craig Lewiston
- Mobile, iPhone, Hardware + Software
WakeMate makes personalized alarm clocks that sync with both a user's body and their cell phone, enabling the iPhone alarm system to sound at the end of a REM cycle.
The application/ wristband system also provides a full sleep analysis on their Analytics Platform.
The WakeMate uses a science called actigraphy to analyze your sleep. Actigraphy uses an actigraph (the WakeMate unit) placed on a subjectâ€™s wrist to monitor the motion. The motion data is then analyzed to determine sleep patterns and circadian rhythms of the subject.
WakeMate was funded by the startup incubator Y Combinator.
Past Team (4)Update
Funding Rounds (3) - $0.00Update
500 Startups is an early-stage seed fund and incubator program investing primarily in consumer...
Y Combinator is a seed accelerator that provides financing services and business consulting to...
VaynerMedia, a social media brand consulting agency, leverages online platforms to build...
San Francisco, CA
- 06/28/11 -techcrunch.com
- 12/31/10 -techcrunch.com
- 12/20/10 -techcrunch.com
- 07/06/10 -techcrunch.com
- 01/23/10 -techcrunch.com