- January 1, 2010
- David Meyer, EuGene Wade
- San Francisco, CA
- Consumers, Freemium, Colleges, Technology, Education
- UniversityNow is engaged in developing learning technologies and building universities to back post-secondary education across the globe.
UniversityNow is an education and technology start-up based in San Francisco. Its mission is to help ensure that affordable, high quality post-secondary education is available to people everywhere. To accomplish this, UniversityNow has built the most affordable and accessible accredited universities in the world, including Patten University (http://patten.edu) and New Charter University (http://new.edu).
UniversityNow's vision is a world in which no one is deprived of access to quality education — a world in which students can obtain recognized college degrees that improve their futures, without taking on the burden of student debt.
This includes employing:
- Technology-assisted learning environments focused on efficiency and student success;
- Peer-to-peer learning communities where students share their knowledge and skills, and help each other obtain recognized degrees and credentials;
- Pedagogical models where the faculty serves as mentors and coaches as well as subject matter experts;
- Evaluation systems that measure student achievement on whether students meet standards that are rigorous, clearly articulated and recognized; and
- Tuition models that are significantly more affordable.
Current Team (3)Update
Past Team (6)Update
Jan, 2012 - Jan, 2013
VP, Communications & Public Policy
2012 - Jan, 2013
Co-Founder, Product & Engineering
Apr, 2011 - Jan, 2012
Marketing & Enrollment
Dec, 2011 - Jan, 2012
Vice President Marketing and Enrollment
Funding Rounds (4) - $40.5MUpdate
KGaA was added to CrunchBase in 2013
Bertelsmann AG is a transnational media corporation founded in 1835, based in Gütersloh, Germany.
Bronze Investments, Llc is a financial investment advisory firm headquartered in San Francisco,...
Venture Capital Firm
Novak Biddle Venture Partners provides equity financing and assistance to the management of...
The University Venture Fund (UVF) is the largest student-managed venture capital fund ($18.2M) in...
First Analysis, founded in 1981, has a long-term commitment to its clients and industry sectors.
543 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105