- Funding Received
- $46.3 Million in 4 Rounds from 4 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $18 Million Series D on October 18, 2012
- December, 2007
- Marina Del Rey, CA
- textPlus is a smartphone app that offers communication services for texting and making calls for free.
- Austin Murray, Scott Lahman, Zack Norman
- Communities, Messaging, Android, iPad, iPhone, Mobile
textPlus is a leading mobile communications service that lets anyone text, talk and share for free or cheaply. We offer unparalleled choice, savings and reliability to consumers globally for a better phone experience. Our open network connects over 110 million people worldwide through a chart-leading app available for iOS, Android and Windows smartphones and devices including iPod touch and tablets. textPlus is a headquartered in Marina del Rey and backed by leading investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, Matrix Partners and GRP Partners.
Current Team (5)Update
Past Team (5)Update
Funding Rounds (4) - $46.3MUpdate
Early Stage VC Firm
Venture Capital Firm
Upfront Ventures is a venture capital firm focusing on investments in early stage technology...
The Raine Group, LLC is a boutique merchant banking firm that offers financial advisory services.
13160 Mindanao Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Optini is a social discovery platform developing web and mobile applications for entertainment...
- 12/13/11 -techcrunch.com
- 06/03/11 -techcrunch.com