- Funding Received
- $158.6 Thousand in 1 Round from 2 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $158.6 Thousand Seed on March 1, 2008
- September 1, 2007
- Teachable offers original lesson plans and other learning materials on various topics provided by teachers, educators, and publishers.
- Ranjeet Guptara
- Startups, Social Network Media, Media, Education
Launched in 2007, Teachable.net is the largest repository of high-quality, teacher-contributed teaching materials in the world. These digital materials are increasingly seen as an alternative to textbooks and software as learning resources in schools.
* Aimed at individual teachers and whole schools, Teachable.net is the place to buy teacher-generated, curriculum-matched classroom resources that are created to use the wealth of ICT hardware already in schools * Teachers contribute their best files to the site, they are moderated and rated by a team of editors, and if the files are approved they earn the contributor cash and downloads in proportion to their popularity * Schools and departments buy packs of credits to download files from the site, with each download costing around Â£1 ($1.50): a fraction a typical set of textbooks or CD-ROM * Teachable.net is the only site where teachers can find a wide selection of quality-assured files to download instantly without subscription
Teachable was selected as a Seedcamp 2009 finalist.
Educational resource downloads was added to CrunchBase in 2009
Basingstoke, RG25 3AN
TeacherTube provides an online community for teachers, schools and home learners to share...