- Funding Received
- $7.9 Million in 3 Rounds from 1 Investor
- Most Recent Funding
- $2 Million on January 27, 2014 / Undisclosed Round
- February 15, 2011
- Taxibeat is a smartphone app that transforms the taxi-hailing process into a direct marketplace between taxi drivers and passengers.
- Kostis Sakkas, Nikos Damilakis, Michael Sfictos, Nick Drandakis
- Android, iOS, Apps, Automotive, Mobile
Taxibeat is a smartphone application that transforms the taxi-hailing process into a direct marketplace between taxi drivers and passengers.
Taxibeat enables passengers to locate nearby taxi drivers and hail the driver they prefer, based on distance, user ratings, car model and on-board amenities, at no additional cost. This information is made available to the passenger through the app.
Founded in Greece by Nick Drandakis, Nick Damilakis, Kostis Sakkas and Michael Sfictos in 2010, Taxibeat received its first seed funding in February 2011 and launched its Athens operation in May. Two years later, Taxibeat is available in 6 countries and 7 cities around the world. Taxibeat has so far raised USD 3.4 million.
Taxibeat is available on iOS and Android platforms and online at www.taxibeat.com/book-a-taxi.
Current Team (5)Update
Funding Rounds (3) - $7.9MUpdate
Hummingbird Ventures is a venture capital fund for high-growth digital media and software...
11 Sina str.
- 12/03/12 -techcrunch.com