- Funding Received
- $9.2 Million in 3 Rounds from 16 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $7.5 Million Series A on September 27, 2013
- San Francisco, CA
- Swiftype, a Y Combinator-backed startup, builds fast & customizable search software for websites & apps that can be deployed in minutes.
- Matt Riley, Quin Hoxie
- Cloud Computing, Real Time, SaaS, Development Platforms, Developer APIs, Application Performance Monitoring, App Marketing, Internet Marketing, Quantitative Marketing, SEO, Predictive Analytics, Mobile Software Tools, Mobile Shopping, Mobile Commerce, E-Commerce, Information Technology, Web Tools, Big Data Analytics, Mobile Analytics, Business Analytics, Text Analytics, Analytics, Software, User Experience Design, Content Discovery, Customer Service, Customer Support Tools, Knowledge Management, Open Source, Visual Search, Mobile Search, Social Search, Local Search, Semantic Search, Vertical Search, Product Search, Enterprise Search, Search Marketing, Blogging Platforms, Search
Swiftype is building search software for the next generation of websites and applications. Founded by Quin Hoxie and Matt Riley in January of 2012, Swiftype is funded by YCombinator and other angels and VCs.
Website search has been broken for a long time. Quin Hoxie experienced this pain firsthand while working on the problem at AboutUs, and then at Scribd with Swiftype cofounder Matt Riley. Their experience led them to found Swiftype, which builds customizable search engines for websites that can be created and deployed in minutes. Swiftype offers features like dead simple results customization, including drag & drop reordering and simple adding and removing of results, autocomplete, meta tag customization, filtering and sorting controls, faceted search, typo protection and bigram matching, custom synonyms, real-time analytics, thumbnails in search results, and more. In addition, Swiftype search is mobile, web, and app optimized out of the box, and offers developer tools, APIs, and SDKs for customization. Swiftype search is used for many purposes, including powering support sites and knowledge bases, product search for ecommerce sites, search for some of the large web publishers, developer documentation search for both software companies and open source libraries, mobile search for mobile applications, and more.
Since being founded in 2012, Swiftype has grown to power search for hundreds of thousands of websites and mobile applications around the world, whose users have performed billions of queries. Swiftype search is enjoyed by companies like TechCrunch, Twilio, ember.js, Asana, Shopify, New Relic, ExactTarget, SparkFun Electronics, and many more.
Funding Rounds (3) - $9.2MUpdate
Fast, customizable, configurable website search engines for websites and mobile applications
Global venture capital firm helping entrepreneurs build transformational businesses across...
Data Collective is a venture fund with a unique team of experienced venture capitalists,...
Ignition is a venture capital firm dedicated to helping the best entrepreneurs seize opportunity.
Venture Capital Firm
CrunchFund is an early stage venture capital firm founded by Michael Arrington, Patrick...
301 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
KISSmetrics provides web analytics solutions to assist businesses in customer acquisition and...
The Commerce Solution Marketplace.
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization in medical care, research and education fields to provide...
WordPress Premium Themes
Fox Interactive Media is a network of companies in the industry of media; news, education, and...
- 09/27/14 -venturebeat.com
- 03/05/14 -techcrunch.com
- 09/27/13 -pevc.dowjones.com