- Funding Received
- $750 Thousand in 1 Round from 1 Investor
- Most Recent Funding
- $750 Thousand Seed on November, 2010
- December 15, 2009
- StreetSpark was a real-time matching network for members to meet or be introduced to compatible people nearby.
- Mike Small, Anthony Erwin
- Interest Graph, Online Dating, Location Based Services, Social Media
StreetSpark is the real-time matching network based in London (UK). It matches members with compatible people who are nearby â€“ in real time. StreetSpark doesn't just show all people nearby - it only shows compatible 'Sparks'. Users must both Ignite the Spark before they can then see each other's full profile and Chat. StreetSpark uses a complex algorithm to match and rank members so show the most accurate Sparks for them. StreetSpark also has a 'HotSpots' feature. This allows users to 'check-in' to a venue foursquare style and recieve discounts. The difference here is that as it's about meeting new people, there are only set numbers of HotSpots in any given area so they act as a hub for people to meet new people.
London, EC2A 4PS
- 03/06/12 -techcrunch.com