- New York, NY
- StartUp Health provides inspiration, education and resources for entrepreneurs to build sustainable health and wellness companies.
- Steven Krein, Steven Krein, Jerry Levin, Unity Stoakes
- Health and Wellness, Startups
StartUp Health is an initiative to inspire, educate, and provide resources for entrepreneurs to build sustainable health and wellness companies. Chaired by former Time Warner Chairman and CEO Jerry Levin, StartUp Health aims to close the â€œHealth Gapâ€ between entrepreneurs, private investors, corporations, universities, foundations and other stakeholders committed to accelerating meaningful health and wellness innovation.
StartUp Healthâ€™s goal is to help entrepreneurs create, fund and build sustainable health and wellness companies by improving access to:
- Long-term support, guidance and mentoring
- Data, technology, tools and other required resources
- Sector-specific investors and stage-appropriate capital
- A collaborative community of like-minded people and organizations
- A talent pool of people dedicated to meaningful innovation in health and wellness
StartUp Health has joined the Startup America Partnership, a private sector initiative working in conjunction with the White House to celebrate, inspire, and accelerate high-growth entrepreneurship throughout the nation, as a partner organization.
Based in New York City, StartUp Health is producing a series of StartUp Health Roundtables, hosted in partnership with organizations like the Startup America Partnership and the U.S. Department of HHS, to bring together entrepreneurs, investors and organizations to discuss the unique challenges and opportunities in developing a roadmap for health and wellness startups.
The first StartUp Health Roundtable will take place in New York City on July 13th, 2011 and will be moderated by Startup America Partnership CEO Scott Case. The second StartUp Health Roundtable, called DC to VC, will be hosted by HHS CTO Todd Park and will focus on creating targeted engagements between senior administration officials and entrepreneurs, investors, and students.
New York, NY
- 05/02/12 -techcrunch.com
- 04/15/12 -techcrunch.com
- 03/27/12 -techcrunch.com