- Funding Received
- $1.1 Million in 3 Rounds from 1 Investor
- Most Recent Funding
- $650 Thousand Seed on January 15, 2014
- June 25, 2009
- San Francisco, CA
- Spill is a confidential network that allows users to post their life problems anonymously and receive peer advice.
- Michelle Lee, Heidi Allstop
- Social Network Media, Advice, Finance, Curated Web
Spill is a confidential network for sharing life advice.
People "spill" their guts confidentially at SpillNow.com and get advice from other people who have been through similar situations. Advice-givers share wisdom, empathy, and support while they earn points toward becoming the next Dear Abby, Dan Savage, or Ann Landers. Popular among college students--particularly females--Spill has expanded to 150 colleges in the US and 13 countries worldwide. The site recently added groups for high school students, adults, military veterans, and entrepreneurs.
A TechStars 2011 company and the 2012 winner of the Global Social Venture Competition, Spill crowd-sources peer support in an effort to bring empathy to the masses.
Funding Rounds (3) - $650kUpdate
Techstars offers mentorship-driven seed stage investing for web and software companies.
225 Ellis Street
San Francisco, CA 94102