- Funding Received
- $500 Thousand in 1 Round from 2 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $500 Thousand Seed on September 2, 2013
- Sooqini is a marketplace that allows users to outsource tasks and services to trusted local people and to make money by helping others.
- T. Raj Singh, Tiago Mateus
- iPhone, Mobile Commerce, Collaborative Consumption, Mobile
Sooqini.com is the UK’s leading task marketplace that allows users to outsource tasks and services to trusted local people as well as make money by helping others.
Sooqini enables buyers to request almost anything that is time and/or location sensitive. Popular requests include grocery shopping, internet-based research, dry cleaning, dog-walking and tutoring.
Sooqini was formed when Tiago Mateus, co-founder with Raj Singh, was constantly swamped at work and couldn’t find a way to find a tennis partner to play whenever and wherever he wanted.
Once the idea had struck, they realised that there were many skills and tasks that could be delivered through an online platform that joined buyers who wanted stuff done and sellers who had the time and skills to complete these jobs.
While people save time and money, Sooqini also helps those trying to supplement their income and careers by sending paid freelance work their way.
Sooqini is available as an iPhone app, and on the web (and mobile web). Android app is due in October.
Current Team (5)Update
Suite A21, UGLI Campus
56 Wood Lane
London, W12 7SB
38a High Street
London, HA6 1BN