- Acquired by Groupon on January 20, 2012
- Funding Received
- $2.3 Million in 1 Round from 5 Investors
- Redwood Shores, CA
- Mertado is an online social shopping platform that allows consumers to discover and buy products from communities they frequently visit.
- Mehul Shah, Vijay Chittoor, Rajiv Bhat
- Facebook Applications, E-Commerce, Social Buying, Social Commerce, Social Media
Mertado is a social shopping company that lets consumers discover and buy new products within the online communities that they frequent. Mertado mirrors the real world shopping experience by enabling users to discover unique products that meet their lifestyle needs, and adds a social context around these purchases. Launched in 2010, Mertado is based in Palo Alto, Calif. and is funded by prominent angel and venture investors, including Y Combinator.
Y Combinator is a seed accelerator that provides financing services and business consulting to...
Early-stage venture capital firm
Redpoint Ventures has helped entrepreneurs build innovative businesses that defy convention,...
Blumberg Capital is a classic, early-stage venture capital firm focused on investing in...
220 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite A
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
- 01/20/12 -techcrunch.com
- 10/26/10 -techcrunch.com
- 04/20/10 -techcrunch.com