- Funding Received
- $8.9 Million in 4 Rounds from 12 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $6 Million Series B on January 27, 2014
- January 24, 2011
- Boulder, CO
- Simple Energy is a customer engagement platform providing information on energy usage and savings.
- Justin Segall, Yoav Lurie
- Finance, Networking, Facebook Applications, Internet, Green, Energy Efficiency, Clean Energy, Clean Technology, Analytics
Simple Energy uses social game mechanics to change how people save energy and how utilities engage customers. They make saving energy "social, fun and simple."
By engaging people on the platforms they already use, including email, Facebook, web, and mobile applications, and making energy use data into a simple scoring system that allows people to compete with their friends and neighbors online, Simple Energy encourages people to become interested in their own energy use and take action to reduce consumption. The system is based on leading behavioral economics and game mechanics research by scientific advisor Dan Ariely, author of Predictably Irrational and The Upside of Irrationality. Results from a recent pilot program show that the platform can produce an average energy savings of 20% with up to 50% in savings for top performers.
Current Team (12)Update
Past Team (4)Update
Funding Rounds (4) - $8.9MUpdate
1215 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302
GroundedPower offers real-time monitoring tools that enable home owners to analyze and enhance...
Opower is a SaaS-based customer engagement and energy efficiency company providing the tools...
We make efficiency easy.
Tendril Networks provides a cloud platform to energy service providers for their energy...
- 06/15/14 -builtincolorado.com