- Funding Received
- $4.7 Million in 3 Rounds from 1 Investor
- Most Recent Funding
- $540 Thousand Seed on January 31, 2013
- July, 1996
- Sift is an online publisher and strategic website engineer providing content, tools and website services for accounting firms.
- Colin McArdell, Jon Dobrowolski
- Open Source, Publishing, Communities, Software
Sift is an online publisher and strategic website engineer.
As a publisher (Sift Media) it owns a portfolio of nine online business communities, one horizontal support title and one Awards event, the majority of which have been launched by Sift. The largest title is AccountingWEB (UK - www.accountingweb.co.uk & US - www.accountingweb.com). Other titles include BusinessCloud9.com, MyCustomer.com, TrainingZone.co.uk & UKBusinessForums.com. The Software Satisfaction Awards were inaugurated in 2006 (www.softwaresatisfaction.co.uk).
As a strategic website engineer:
- PracticeWEB provides a SaaS platform (content, tools and website services) to over 1,200 UK accounting firms (www.practiceweb.co.uk); and
- SiftGroups provides hosted online community and social network solutions (and consultancy) to over 100 publishers, not-for-profits, charities, corporates and public sector bodies using Open Source solutions. Its clients include Centaur Media, CIMA, CIPD, Disasters Emergency Committee (DED), Law Society, NHS Connecting for Health, VSO and William Reed Publishing.
In a JV with Market Platform Dynamics, Sift is also launching FinReg21.com a community based site focussing on global financial regulation in March 2009.
Current Team (8)Update
Past Team (2)Update
Funding Rounds (3) - $540kUpdate
Tandem is Silicon Valley's mobile acceleration fund. It backs 24 startups per year with...
48-52 Baldwin Street
Bristol, BS1 1QB