- Funding Received
- $66 Million in 3 Rounds from 10 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $40 Million Series C on February 24, 2014
- Mountain View, CA
- Shape Security is a startup that has created advanced technology to defend websites against attacks from malware, botnets, and scripts
- Justin Call, Sumit Agarwal, Derek Smith
- Network Security, Cyber Security, Information Security, Security
Shape Security is a startup in Mountain View, California that has created a completely new approach to website defense. Its flagship product, the ShapeShifter, is the world’s first botwall: an advanced technology that disables the attack capability of malware, botnets, and scripts. This results in a comprehensive defense against the most serious website breaches, for which there are no other existing solutions. Shape is backed by top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Venrock, Norwest, Google Ventures, and Eric Schmidt. It is led by cybersecurity leaders from the Pentagon, Cisco, Mozilla, Oakley Networks, Palo Alto Networks, VMware, and Google.
Current Team (6)Update
Funding Rounds (3) - $66MUpdate
Venture Capital Firm
Since 1982, Sierra Ventures, a privately held venture capital firm, has helped entrepreneurs...
Venture Capital & Growth Equity Firm
Venrock is a venture capital firm investing in technology and healthcare companies.
Google Ventures is the venture capital investment arm of Google Inc.
Seed and early-stage VC
Allegis Capital invests in early stage companies developing technology and software to serve...
Mountain View, CA
- 07/02/12 -techcrunch.com