- Acquired by Rundavoo on December, 2012
- Funding Received
- $400 Thousand in 1 Round from 3 Investors
- Scoville is a location-based recommendation engine that helps users discover at least one new place in their town each week.
- Gerald Goldstein, Itamar Lesuisse
- Reviews and Recommendations, Ediscovery, Mobile, Location Based Services, Curated Web
Scoville is a location-based recommendation engine on steroids with a simple mission: every week, discover at least one new awesome place in your town.
Built by a PHD in Physics, an ex Amazon and an ex Tripadvisor, Scoville is your playground to remember, share and discover places you love.
Scoville was born out of a travel service, Kukunu.com. After building a recommendation engine based on knowledge of places, users' social graph and their geo-location, the team realized they could leverage it to enable continuous local discovery rather than for occasional trips.
Great people have #followfriday on Twitter, now great places have #toptuesday, thanks to Scoville.
Past Team (2)Update
3660 Wilshire Boulevard
London, CA 90010
- 04/11/11 -techcrunch.com