- Funding Received
- $12.1 Million in 6 Rounds from 13 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $5 Million Series A on January 29, 2014
- San Francisco, CA
- Romotive is a robotic technology company developing personal robots with telepresence, autonomous navigation and machine vision.
- Keller Rinaudo, Peter Seid, Phu Nguyen
- Finance, Android, iPhone, Mobile, Software, Electronics, Toys, Robotics, Hardware + Software
We're Romotive, a team of nerds obsessed with building an affordable, fun personal robot. By combining smartphones with a mobile base, we create robots that do awesome things (telepresence, autonomous navigation, machine vision).
Our first product, Romo, is an iDevice-powered robot that lets you video chat with anyone, anywhere in the world. You can customize Romo’s behavior through a graphical programming interface that's n00b-friendly. Teaching our bot new behaviors is easy - just update the app.
Our investors believe we’ll change the world by putting a robot in every home in America. We’re well funded by SV Angel/Ron Conway, Mike Arrington, Chris Dixon, and Stanford University. Last summer we started in TechStars Seattle.
Our mission is simple: build awesome robots that make normal peoples' lives better.
Current Team (5)Update
Funding Rounds (6) - $5MUpdate
Romo, the Smartphone Robot was added to CrunchBase in 2012
Seed stage investment fund.
CrunchFund is an early stage venture capital firm founded by Michael Arrington, Patrick...
SV Angel is the micro VC firm located in Silicon Valley and founded by angel investors, Ron...
Felicis Ventures is a boutique venture capital firm based in Silicon Valley
Seed Stage VC
Early-stage capital for extraordinary founders
San Francisco, CA