- Funding Received
- $8 Million in 2 Rounds from 2 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $7 Million Series A on July 7, 2011
- Chicago, IL
- QCoefficient is a smart grid engine to integrate HVAC operations in commercial buildings with electric grid operations and markets.
- Rich Earley, Vincent Cushing, Peter May-Ostendorp, Beth Cushing, Sandro Plamp, Gregor Henze, Andrew J. Whiting
- Smart Grid, Energy Efficiency, Clean Technology
By integrating building operations with energy markets, QCoefficient, Inc. (formerly CUEâ€™s) proprietary software leverages a buildingâ€™s thermal mass, environmental data, carbon emissions and electric market prices to:
* Reduce HVAC energy use and expense up to 30 percent; * Improve electric generation efficiency and environmental performance; and * Introduce demand elasticity into grid markets.
For building owners and managers QCoefficient, Inc. executes a strategy designed to maximize efficiency and tenant comfort while also reducing costs, extending equipment life, and supporting corporate sustainability goals.
For utilities and grid operators QCoefficient, Inc. converts commercial buildings into large-scale thermal energy storage for the urban smart grid. QCoefficient, Inc. technology creates, aggregates, and manages distributed sources of load, generation, and storage in real-time, optimally balancing supply and demand while improving grid reliability and utilizing renewable energy resources such as wind power, which is generated in greater amounts at night.
Current Team (8)Update
Chief Financial Officer
Director of Operations & Co-Founder
Chief Technology Officer,and Co-Founder of Clean Urban Energy
Chief Executive Officer, Chairman, and Co-Founder
Chief Science Officer & Co-Founder
VP of Engineering, Co-Founder
Director of Engineering& Co-Founder
233 S Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
- 07/07/11 -techcrunch.com