- Funding Received
- $0 in 1 Round from 3 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- Angel on October, 2008 / Undisclosed Amount
- July 1, 2008
- PopJam is an online news aggregation platform that allows users to discover and share funny content.
- Michael Halls-Moore, Alex Tew
- Blogging Platforms, MicroBlogging, Entertainment, Curated Web
PopJam is a platform for sharing and discovering funny content.
Registered users can post funny images, videos and links to the site which are then shared between friends in a follow/follower mechanic similar to Twitter. Users show appreciation for the comedy value of a post by clicking 'LOL'. Content can also be commented on and re-posted within PopJam itself.
The most popular content is displayed on the site's homepage. Users earn points for posting funny content, progressing through a karate-inspired coloured belt system as they use the site. The highest level possible in 'PopJam Ninja'.
Past Team (3)Update
eBaum's World is a entertainment website dubbed Media for the Masses. It showcases videos,...
CollegeHumor is a website producing and linking college student-related humorous pictures, videos...
Tumblr, a microblogging platform and social networking website, enables users to post multimedia...
- 12/22/09 -techcrunch.com
- 02/20/09 -techcrunch.com