- Palo Alto, CA
- Palantir Technologies offer a suite of software applications for integrating, visualizing and analyzing information.
- Alexander Karp, Joe Lonsdale, Nathan Gettings, Stephen Cohen, Peter Thiel, Garry Tan
- Computer, Analytics, Software, Information Technology
Palantir's mission is to solve the most important problems for the world's most important institutions.
Palantir was founded in 2004 by a handful of PayPal alumni and Stanford computer scientists. Since then Palantir has doubled in size every year while retaining early-stage values: a startup culture, strong work ethic, and rigorous hiring standards.
Palantir works in a variety of problem areas for various customers in both private and public sector, helping them answer questions like:
- How do you prevent the next $65Bn ponzi scheme?
- How do you take down human trafficking networks?
- How can we help borrowers avoid foreclosure on a massive scale/stabilize housing?
- How can you prevent fraud in Medicare?
- Can you help governments save billions/identify ways to reduce spending?
- Can you help scientists monitor the environment after the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill?
- How do you defend the IP of companies from cyber espionage by bad actors?
- How can you help stop the genocide in the Sudan?
- How can we help target gangs to end their violence?
Funding Rounds (15) - $2BUpdate
|Date||Amount / Round||Valuation||Lead Investor||Investors|
|Dec, 2015||$879.83M / Private Equity||—||Kortschak Investments, L.P.||2|
|Dec, 2014||$50M / Private Equity||—||—||0|
|Sep, 2014||$444.18M / Private Equity||—||—||2|
|Feb, 2014||$111.31M / Private Equity||—||—||0|
|Sep, 2013||$196.5M / Private Equity||—||—||2|
|2013||undisclosed amount / Secondary Market||—||—||1|
|Oct, 2012||$56M / Series G||—||—||1|
|Oct, 2011||$68M / Series F||—||—||0|
|May, 2011||$50M / Series E||—||—||0|
|Jan, 2011||undisclosed amount / Secondary Market||—||—||1|
|Jun, 2010||$90M / Series D||—||Founders Fund||6|
|Apr, 2009||$8.29M / Debt Financing||—||—||0|
|Feb, 2008||$36.75M / Series C||—||—||1|
|Nov, 2006||$10.52M / Series B||—||—||1|
|Sep, 2005||undisclosed amount / Seed||—||—||1|
Current Team (22)Update
Board Members and Advisors (4)Update
|Sep 27, 2016||Boston Tech Flash - Regulators seek to end Palantir's government work over alleged anti-Asian employment bias|
|Sep 26, 2016||TechCrunch - U.S. Department of Labor sues Palantir for racial discrimination|
|Sep 26, 2016||Houston Chronical - Feds accuse Silicon Valley firm of hiring bias|
|Aug 10, 2016||blog.silk.co - The Silk team is joining Palantir!|
|Aug 10, 2016||TechCrunch - Palantir acquires data visualization startup Silk|
|Aug 3, 2016||Boston Tech Flash - Last year's unicorns aren't selling as tech M&A picks up|
|Aug 2, 2016||Boston Tech Flash - Last year's unicorns aren't selling as tech M&A picks up|
|Jul 21, 2016||Buzzfeed - Confidential Document Shows How Peter Thiel Really Feels About Palantir|
15 Little W 12th Street
New York, NY 10014
1660 International Dr
Mclean, VA 22102
7 London Circuit
53 Chandos Place
London, WC2N 4 HS
100 Hamilton Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301-1651