- Acquired by LiveUniverse on April 13, 2008
- Funding Received
- $4.1 Million in 2 Rounds from 1 Investor
- San Francisco, CA
- Pageflakes is an Ajax-based start-page and personal web portal allowing users to create their own customized homepage for the web.
- Ole Brandenburg, Omar AL Zabir, Christoph Janz
- Web Development, Web Design, Curated Web
Pageflakes is a personalized Ajax home page service with key features being customized widgets, an RSS reader and group sharing capabilities. Pageflakes allows you to put all your web favorites, including news, email and search engines, onto one personalized page using "flakes", or widgets.
Competitors include Netvibes, My AOL, and iGoogle.
Past Team (9)Update
Co - Founder & CTO
Oct, 2005 - Dec, 2008
2007 - Jan, 2009
Senior Director Product Management
Co-founder, Chief Product Officer
Oct, 2005 - Apr, 2008
Jun 1, 2006 - Dec 31, 2007
Vice President Engineering
Funding Rounds (2) - $4.1MUpdate
Pageflakes was founded in Germany in 2005 by a team led by Christoph Janz who also founded German...
795 Folsom St
San Francisco, CA 94114
DevHD offers Feedly, a news aggregator app that compiles news feeds from online sources for users...
MySurfPad is a free web based portal that allows users to customize their news, search, tools,...
Global Grind is a digital media company that offers a platform featuring hip hop-related content...
- 03/17/09 -techcrunch.com
- 02/02/09 -techcrunch.com
- 04/18/08 -techcrunch.com
- 04/13/08 -techcrunch.com
- 02/24/08 -techcrunch.com