- Funding Received
- $8.8 Million in 3 Rounds from 3 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $2.8 Million Private Equity on March 20, 2013
- Masabi develops mobile ticketing technology for the transport sector, enabling passengers to buy and display tickets on mobile phones.
- Ed Howson, Tom Godber, Ben Whitaker
- Public Transportation, Security, Mobile Commerce, Mobile
CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS PROFILE
Masabi is the leader in transit mobile ticketing and payments, delivering end-to-end systems to agencies that bring significant cost savings and enhanced customer experience. Masabi’s JustRide system signals the end of ticket lines, lost tickets and fumbling for cash by allowing passengers to quickly and securely buy and display tickets on their mobile phones. Masabi enables transit agencies to move away from capital intensive “locked-in” systems, such as smartcards and costly customised ticket machines, to a flexible, open system that transforms passengers’ travel experience today, with a roadmap to NFC and open payments in the future.
Masabi is backed by Fontinalis Partners, m8 Capital and MMC Ventures. The company’s scalable cloud-based technology already processes more than 90 million dollars per year, handles millions of connections per day, and is in use by 17 global transit agencies and retail brands, including: Virgin Trains, First Group, Boston’s MBTA and San Diego MTS. More information about Masabi is available at www.masabi.com.
Funding Rounds (3) - $2.8MUpdate
56 Ayres Street
London, SE1 1EU
- 09/28/10 -techcrunch.com