- Acquired by Airbnb on December, 2012
- Funding Received
- $650.2 Thousand in 2 Rounds from 9 Investors
- San Francisco, CA
- Localmind is a location-based information platform providing real-time answers for destination-related queries.
- Lenny Rachitsky, Beau Haugh
- Real Time, Local Based Services, Facebook Applications, Location Based Services, Curated Web
Localmind allows you to send a question to any place in the world, and get an answer from someone at that location in real-time.
Localmind connects you, temporarily and anonymously, to someone at the location you are interested in, allowing you to ask any question you want, and get an answer in real-time. You can find out how crowded it is at a bar, how long the line is at a club, or how many tables are open at the restaurant.
Localmind integrates with every location-based service (e.g. Foursquare, Facebook Places, Gowalla, etc.) to automatically target questions to users at specific locations.
Current Team (3)Update
Funding Rounds (2) - $650.2kUpdate
San Francisco, CA
- 12/13/12 -techcrunch.com
- 02/15/12 -techcrunch.com
- 06/07/11 -techcrunch.com