- October 1, 2006
- Michal Tsur, Eran Etam, Shay David, Ron Yekutiel
- Web CMS, Content, Video Editing, Open Source, Music, Web Tools, Media, Collaboration, Video, Software
- Kaltura is an open source online video platform enhancing websites with customized video, photo and audio functionalities.
Kaltura provides the world's first Open Source Online Video Platform. Over 100,000 media & entertainment companies, enterprises, SMBs, educational institutions, service providers, platform vendors, and system integrators use Kaltura's flexible platform to enhance their websites, web-services, and web-platforms with advanced customized video, photo and audio functionalities. Kaltura's features and products enable easy deployment of custom work-flows involving video creation, ingestion, publishing, management, syndication, engagement, monetization and analysis. The free community-supported self-hosted software and source-code is available for download at www.kaltura.org. A commercial version of the software can be obtained at www.kaltura.com along with Kaltura services such as streaming, hosting, transcoding, analytics, ad serving, support and maintenance packages, and professional development.
Founded in 2006, New York based Kaltura is a founding member of the ‘Open Video Alliance' (www.openvideoalliance.org), a coalition of organizations dedicated to fostering open standards for online video. For more information: www.kaltura.com, www.kaltura.org and http://exchange.kaltura.com/.
Why Open Source Video? The open-source approach accelerates adoption and spurs innovation that rapidly and cost-effectively enables a multitude of highly-integrated solutions for a wide variety of use cases and verticals. While the platform itself is free, Kaltura profits by providing a wide range of value added services to its platform users. Our open source cost structure coupled with our large and fast growing customer base enables us to deliver these services at competitive pricing, and provide customer with several main benefits:
- No vendor lock-in - setting up a video platform and integrating it into existing workflows takes time and money, regardless of which platform you use - Kaltura is open source, so you're not locked in with a certain vendor, you have full access to the source code and can always continue to use the code, and your time and effort will never be wasted.
- SaaS vs. On Prem - Kaltura is the only platform that can be deployed as a hosted solution (like the other platforms in the market), or as a self-hosted platform behind your own firewall. This provides full security and control for organizations that have an on premise deployment policy. You can also select a hybrid of the two, and migrate from SaaS to On Prem.
- Application Exchange - Kaltura is the only provider that has an Application Exchange - a marketplace of add-ons, plug-ins, and applications that enhance the platform.
- Highest level of: FLEXIBILITY - open source code that can be tweaked and changed according to specific needs.
- Fastest pace of: INNOVATION - due to our global open source community of more than 10,000 members.
- EASIEST integration with existing systems - Kaltura's platform is modular and designed to fit into your existing systems and workflows. We have both pre-packaged extensions for leading CMS and LMS systems like Drupal, WordPress, Blackboard, Moodle and many more, as well as custom integration solutions for authentication systems, proprietary CMSs, payment systems, and more.
Since its public launch, New York-based Kaltura has won numerous awards and endorsements, including the coveted TechCrunch40 People’s Choice award, Mashable’s ‘Open Web’ award, Microsoft’s 2009 ‘most promising Israeli web startup’ award, AlwaysOn’s ‘top 250 startup’ and ‘top 100 media company’ awards, LeWeb’s ‘top 30 web startup’ award, the Open World Forum ‘Open Innovation’ award, Esquire Magazine’s ‘8 most promising Web 3.0 companies’, TV Week’s ‘5 most promising video startups for 2009’, and IDC’s ‘top 10 innovative application companies’.
Kaltura's customers and partners include media companies, universities, enterprises and SMBs and service providers. Kaltura has also partnered with the Wikimedia Foundation to provide a collaborative video solution for Wikipedia. Additional select customers include Fox, Paramount, HBO, Warner Brothers, The Times of India, Best Buy, Texas Instruments, Coldwell Banker, MIT, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, NYU, Columbia University, and Siemens.
Current Team (10)Update
Head of Developer Relations & Community
VP of Project Management
VP Channels and Strategic Partnerships
Co-Founder, Chief Revenue Officer
Global Business Development Director
Oct 15, 2012
Past Team (7)Update
VP Strategy, General Manager - EMEA
Nov, 2009 - Jun 27, 2012
Head of Mobile and Player
Jan 1, 2012 - Aug 1, 2012
R&D and Professional Services - United States
Nov 1, 2010 - Jul, 2012
VP Professional Services
2010 - Jan, 2012
Managing Projects and Operations
Sr. Director of Business Operations
Jun, 2009 - May, 2013
Worldwide Managing Director
Funding Rounds (6) - $116.1MUpdate
The Kaltura MediaSpace Application is a simple to install, light-weight web application that...
Kaltura's open-source video management platform enables organizations to easily deploy...
Kaltura MediaGo™ is your own “Netflix-in-a-box”: a turnkey OTT video portal that lets you easily...
Early-stage venture capital firm
Intel Capital, Intel's global investment organization, makes equity investments in innovative...
Nexus Venture Partners (www.nexusvp.com) is India’s leading venture capital fund, with offices in...
SAP Ventures, with more than US$1.4 billion under management, is an investment firm that seeks to...
Commonfund Capital Inc. is the investment arm of Commonfund specializing in both direct, fund of...
Nokia Growth Partners enables mobile-driven innovators to build companies by providing funds,...
Silicon Valley Bank works with technology, life science, cleantech, venture capital, private...
West Coast Office
369 Pine Street,
San Francisco, 94104
Latin America Office
Av. Nova Independencia 1061 – Brooklin
4th Floor, Northumberland House
303-306 High Holborn
London, WC1V 7JZ
- 05/02/14 -digitaltveurope.net
- 11/07/13 -techcrunch.com