- Funding Received
- $564.4 Thousand in 2 Rounds from 2 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $521.4 Thousand on October 19, 2012 / Undisclosed Round
- Grow the Planet is a social network helping farmers to grow vegetables in their own organic gardens.
- Gianni Gaggiani, Leonardo Piras, Simone Carusi
- Organic, Tutoring, Internet, Social Network Media, Communities, DIY, Home & Garden, Sustainability, Lifestyle, Social Media
Grow the Planet is a social network for hobby farmers—literally anybody who grows their own veggies and herbs. On the website they can find information on plants and vegetables, growing skills and techniques, hints and tips for the needed activities. They can share opinions and connect to help each other out and, if they wish, exchange their produce.
However, the core of the platform and its most powerful feature lie in the possiblity for each user to design their vegetable garden, balcony or shelves, and receive hints according to their specific situation (type of vegetables, season, climate zone, weather, stage of growth etc.). This is possible thanks to extensive research on growth statistics and the integration with climate data and user input. The platform then allows the users to schedule and keep track of activities, to-do's and the overall state of their garden, and to share them with the internal community and over other social networks.
The platform will launch in September 2011.
Funding Rounds (2) - $564.4kUpdate
via Sile 41