- Acquired by Facebook on December 2, 2011
- Funding Received
- $10.4 Million in 3 Rounds from 12 Investors
- Austin, TX
- Gowalla is a social guide for its users to share and discover photos, experiences and recommendations of places and cities.
- Josh Williams, Scott Raymond
- Reviews and Recommendations, Travel, Photography, Private Social Networking, Location Based Services, Social Media, Curated Web
Gowalla is the leading Social Guide to the world's most loved places and cities.
Its award-winning mobile app and website — paired with an ever-growing collection of socially-powered Guides to cities, parks and regions across the globe — as curated by the Gowalla community and experts like Disney and National Geographic — make it easy for friends and families to share and discover photos, experiences and recommendations on the go.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Gowalla was launched in 2009 and is backed by investors including Greylock Partners, Also p-Louie Partners, Founders Fund, and other prominent angel investors.
Funding Rounds (3) - $10.4MUpdate
Austin, TX 78701
Grindr is an all-male location-based network that allows gay, bi, or curious men to connect and hang out with one another.
Plyce is a mobile application providing loyalty card services for shoppers.
Rally offers Rally Up, a location-based app that enables users to interact with individuals within their social circles.
SCVNGR is a gaming platform enabling players to discover new places, find new things to do and share their activity with friends.
Lcation based social network
- 12/12/11 -techcrunch.com
- 12/05/11 -techcrunch.com
- 12/02/11 -techcrunch.com
- 11/30/11 -techcrunch.com
- 04/27/11 -techcrunch.com
- 02/23/11 -techcrunch.com