- Funding Received
- $1 Million in 4 Rounds from 7 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $356 Thousand Seed on March 1, 2013
- Eco Market is an e-commerce platform marketing ethical and eco-friendly products from various sellers.
- Jason Dainter, Liam Patterson
- Organic, Finance, Clean Technology, Startups, Marketplaces, Natural Resources, Environmental Innovation, All Markets, E-Commerce
Eco Market enables sellers of ethical and eco products to easily create a shop to sell their products in our online marketplace. Since the site launched in October 2010 it has attracted hundreds of eco sellers selling over 7,000 unique products from across the world ranging from Fairtrade coffee, to handmade natural soap, to up-cycled tshirts.
The website also simplifies the often complicated process of shopping ethically by explaining what each products ethical credentials and certificates mean. Shoppers can also learn more about each seller by interact with sellers reading interviews and interacting with them via the site's own social network and video system, where they can learn more about the story and people behind the products they buy.
Our goal as a company is not only to give (often small one man band) sellers a platform to sell products but also to give consumers all the tools and information they need to demystify ethical shopping, and to create open debates about key issues that will help shape our planet.
Current Team (3)Update
Funding Rounds (4) - $356kUpdate
Innova Kapital is a venture capital firm specializing in technology start-ups and property...
32 - 38 Scrutton Street
London, E1 4RP
- 02/17/12 -techcrunch.com