- Funding Received
- $8 Million in 2 Rounds from 7 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- Series B on August 13, 2014 / Undisclosed Amount
- Electric Imp develops Imp, a chip providing WiFi and cloud-based internet connectivity services to all electrical devices.
- Peter Hartley, Kevin Fox, Hugo Fiennes
- Manufacturing, Home Automation, Electronics, Internet of Things, Internet, Wireless, Hardware, Hardware + Software
Electric Imp is a startup which develops the Imp, a chip intended to provide Internet connectivity to all electrical devices. The Imp uses WiFi and a cloud service to make it easier than ever before for vendors to internet-enable their products, bringing the power of the internet to places and devices it could never reach before.
The Imp card is sold to consumers and to manufacturers, and Imp-enabled devices can be accessed on the web or on mobile devices using Electric Imp's application or third-party apps.
Current Team (3)Update
Funding Rounds (2) - $0.00Update
We are an independent investment office based in London
PTI Ventures specializes in early to growth stage capital for private technology companies in the...
financial services company
Foxconn Technology Group, is a Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturing...
Redpoint Ventures has helped entrepreneurs build innovative businesses that defy convention,...
Lowercase Capital provides capital and advisory services to start-ups and late-stage companies...
Los Altos HQ
Los Altos, CA