- Funding Received
- $1.3 Million in 1 Round from 3 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $1.3 Million Seed on August 5, 2014
- San Francisco, CA
- Mobile app that allows users to leave digital messages anywhere in the world for friends to find only when they get to the selected location
- Matthew Diepenbrock, Eric Noeth, Zachary DeWitt
- Proximity Internet, Local, Search, Messaging, Location Based Services, Social Media
Location-based messaging is here. Drop Messages is the TechCrunch award-winning app that uses your phone to make the world around you come alive. Join the growing Drop Messages community that is now in 60+ countries around the world.
Send and receive messages that can only be found in specific locations, and use Drop Messages to view and comment on what your friends are doing around the world! Messages can be helpful, sentimental, or just plain weird.
Some places Drops have been left:
• At the Las Vegas airport with pictures and tips of what to do (and what NOT to do).
• At Yankees Stadium to taunt home fans with a picture of the Red Sox World Series trophy.
• At the summit of Mt. Everest to casually congratulate any friend who reaches the summit on a job well done.
• At the center of Wall St., asking your poli-sci major friends why they have sold their souls.
• At home, reminding a not-to-be-named roommate to take out the trash for once!
Get out there and start Dropping today!
Current Team (3)Update
San Francisco, CA
- 08/10/14 -tropicalpost.com
- 08/09/14 -brit.co
- 08/08/14 -timeout.com
- 08/05/14 -pevc.dowjones.com
- 08/05/14 -digitaldisruption.com
- 08/05/14 -bostinno.streetwise.co
- 06/19/14 -bostinno.streetwise.co