- Acquired by eBay on September 9, 2013
- Funding Received
- $16.5 Million in 3 Rounds from 6 Investors
- Seattle, WA
- Decide, an online shopping portal, analyzes web data points to generate price predictions that help consumers save on their purchases.
- Brian Ma, Oren Etzioni, Hsu Ken Ooi
- Machine Learning, Search, E-Commerce, Shopping, Consumer Electronics, Curated Web
Backed by early investors in Amazon, Google and eBay, Decide is a team of Seattle data scientists committed to helping consumers easily find the highest rated products and the best times to buy based on billions of data points from across the Web. Since launch in June 2011, Decide's price predictions have been 80 percent accurate and have helped uncover $200 million in savings. The company was co-founded by Internet search pioneer Prof. Oren Etzioni, founder of Farecast, the travel price predictor, and Netbot, the web's first comparison-shopping engine. The Seattle-based company has raised $17M in venture capital from Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital, Maveron and Madrona Venture Group as well as a handful of angel investors.
Current Team (4)Update
Past Team (3)Update
Funding Rounds (3) - $16.5MUpdate
Board Members and Advisors (6)Update
200 west mercer street, suite 301
Seattle, WA 98119