- Funding Received
- $10.1 Million in 3 Rounds from 1 Investor
- Most Recent Funding
- $5.6 Million Series A on December 14, 2010
- March 1, 2007
- Carma is a smartphone app enabling users to arrange carpools with the community.
- Sean O'Sullivan, Harvey Applebe, Richard Bryce
- Collaborative Consumption, Web Development, Transportation, Public Transportation
Founded in 2007, Carma (formerly known as Avego) leads the world in carpooling technology, helping people team up to solve the commute. Headquartered in Cork, Ireland, with offices in Silicon Valley, Austin and Dublin, Carma’s customers include cities, governments, public transport operators and tens of thousands of individual consumers and private transport operators. For more on Carma, see http://car.ma or download the app from the iPhone App Store or Android's Google Play.
Current Team (4)Update
Past Team (2)Update
Funding Rounds (3) - $10.1MUpdate
Carma Carpooling allows you to set up carpools and share the cost of driving, all from your...
SOSventures is a venture capital and management firm investing in start-up technology companies.
Silicon Valley Office
5669 Snell Ave, Ste #250
San Jose, CA 95123
European Home Office
Penrose Wharf, 2nd Floor
- 01/27/11 -techcrunch.com