- Funding Received
- $131.8 Million in 5 Rounds from 7 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $55 Million Series C on October 9, 2012
- Austin, TX
- Calxeda offers a software server platform that uses energy-efficient ARM architecture, enabling reduction in capital and operating expenses.
- David Borland, Larry Wikelius, Barry Evans
- Data Centers, Application Platforms, Software
CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS PROFILE
Calxeda provides revolutionary efficiency to the data center. Leveraging ultra-low power technology from ARM, servers built on Calxeda’s silicon and software platform consume a fraction of the power and space of today’s best-in-class servers, enabling data centers to realize significant reduction in capital and operating expenses. The Calxeda platform scales efficiently to thousands of server nodes, with unique network and storage acceleration, and is enhanced with management technology to deliver true “energy-proportional” computing. The result is a stunning breakthrough in performance efficiency, density, and scalability.
Funding Rounds (5) - $55MUpdate
Vulcan Capital invests across all stages of...
Texas Instruments develops semiconductor and...
Investing in technology
Early stage venture capital firm
Austin Ventures is a venture capital firm...
Global Venture Capital Firm
Advanced Technology Ventures focuses on...
7000 North Mopac Expressway, Suite 250
Austin, TX 78731
- 10/08/12 -techcrunch.com
- 07/18/12 -techcrunch.com