- Funding Received
- $1 Million in 1 Round from 5 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $1 Million on April 26, 2010 / Undisclosed Round
- Seattle, WA
- Bonanza is a social marketplace where buyers and sellers can chat in real-time to get questions answered and negotiate deals.
- Mark Dorsey, William Harding
- Beauty, Art, Shopping, Social Buying, Textbooks, Marketplaces, Fashion, Collectibles, Online Shopping, E-Commerce
Bonanza is a social marketplace aimed at complementing Amazon in niche item categories.
Bonanza's key differentiator is that it makes shoppers less anonymous than competing sites. Buyers and sellers can chat in real time to get questioned answered or negotiate deals. All sellers have their location and avatar shown alongside their items, underscoring the site's dual emphasis on "people" and "items."
These social dynamics lend themselves to the formation of communities around niche item categories such as collectibles, antiques, clothing, handbags, jewelry, and books.
Bonanza was named "The Best eBay Alternative" by Ecommerce Guide in July 2008, and voted the "Best eBay Alternative of 2008" by readers of SmallBusinessComputing (owned by Jupiter Media) in early 2009. As of January 2009, more than one million items had been posted for sale in less than half a year online.
Past Team (2)Update
400 E. Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98122
- 09/21/10 -techcrunch.com