- Acquired by aka-aki networks on February 20, 2014
- Funding Received
- $15.3 Million in 4 Rounds from 11 Investors
- January 1, 2009
- Portland, OR
- Simple is a web and mobile application simplifying banking processes by unifying users' various accounts into one accessible bank card.
- Alex Payne, Shamir Karkal, Josh Reich
- Finance, Banking, Enterprise Software
Simple (formerly BankSimple) is creating a better interface for banking through the Web and mobile apps. In partnership with financial institutions which will hold the actual deposits, Simple is focusing on creating a better customer experience and simplifying the banking process by unifying all accounts into one, accessible through a bank card.
Rather than making money from different fees, Simple plans to split the net interest margin with its partner banks (the difference between the rate they lend at and the rate they pay to depositors), thus eliminating the incentive to push more confusing products at consumers.
Current Team (6)Update
Past Team (4)Update
Funding Rounds (4) - $15.3MUpdate
Board Members and Advisors (3)Update
Life.SREDA is a venture capital fund focused on investing in financial, mobile and internet...
Big Data Fund
Shasta Ventures is an investment company focused on companies in consumer Internet, mobile and...
Seed Stage VC
First Round is a venture capital firm that specializes in providing seed-stage funding to...
SV Angel is the micro VC firm located in Silicon Valley and founded by angel investors, Ron...
Village Ventures makes early stage investments in digital media and services and financial...
Portland, OR 97209
- 02/20/14 -dealbook.nytimes.com
- 07/25/12 -techcrunch.com
- 05/09/12 -techcrunch.com