- Funding Received
- $62.8 Million in 3 Rounds from 9 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $52 Million Series C on May 21, 2012
- Mountain View, CA
- AnchorFree provides Hotspot Shield, an app that secures internet communication and user identity while providing access to internet content.
- Peter Hoag, Eugene Malobrodsky, David Gorodyansky
- Mobile Security, Privacy, Wireless, Security
AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. The company's mission is to enable secure access to the world's information for an addressable market of 5 billion people who access the Web through computers or mobile devices. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world's most popular app for safe browsing. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications, protects the user's identity online, and provides universal access to all Internet content. Hotspot Shield is available for PC, Mac, Apple iOS, and Android platforms at www.AnchorFree.com and www.HotspotShield.com. AnchorFree is a privately held, venture-backed company based in Mountain View, California.
Funding Rounds (3) - $52MUpdate
450 National Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043-2238
- 05/31/12 -techcrunch.com