- Funding Received
- $29 Million in 4 Rounds from 5 Investors
- Most Recent Funding
- $10 Million Series D on January 22, 2009
- Mountain View, CA
- IMVU is a social entertainment website where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, play games, and develop online communities.
- Marcu Gosling, Will Harvey, Eric Ries, Matt Danzig
- Virtual Currency, 3D, Entertainment, Social Media, Games
Founded in 2004, IMVU, Inc. (www.imvu.com) is a social entertainment company connecting users through 3D avatar-based experiences. A leader in developing online communities, IMVU has more than 100 million registered user accounts worldwide and features the largest user-generated virtual goods catalog of more than 10 million items. Located in Mountain View, CA, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital. For more information, please visit http://www.imvu.com.
Funding Rounds (4) - $29MUpdate
Allegis Capital invests in early stage companies developing technology and software to serve...
Growth equity firm in US and Canada
Best Buy Capital is a venture capital arm of Best Buy Co. Inc. specializing in early-stage...
Menlo Ventures provides capital for seed through growth technology companies.
100 W. Evelyn Ave
Mountain View, CA 94041
- 09/23/11 -techcrunch.com
- 12/31/10 -techcrunch.com
- 04/30/10 -techcrunch.com
- 04/24/10 -techcrunch.com