We're working on something new at CrunchBase. Edits have been disabled for a few days, but you can still contact us
for urgent changes.
Subscribe to the CrunchBase Daily
for the latest on Fundings, Acquisitions, and Startup Events
We're looking for a resourceful hacker to come work with us on a lot of interesting work we're doing on CrunchBase. We are a small team and double (and often triple) up as back-end/front-end engineers, and product people. You will work across the stack.
We're looking for a smart developer with these traits. You,
- get things done and derive a sense of satisfaction from pushing good code to production - nothing else matters.
- like digging into hard problems and learning new technologies if needed
- are excited about working on and building scalable solutions to problems
- can work without much hand-holding
- Proficiency in Ruby/Rails
- Basic MySQL
- Knowledge/experience with redis, memcached, or any other NoSQL systems
- Git experience
Benefits and Perks
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Free Lunch on M/W/F
- Free access to all TechCrunch conferences/events [You'll probably help plan them as well]
- A bunch of other nice perks
Why work at TechCrunch?
By joining the team as a developer, you'll be an intricate part of working on projects that will have massive impact on millions of our readers and users. Your voice will be heard and you'll have a lot of autonomy over mission-critical decisions. Our office culture is relaxed yet dynamic, located in the SOMA district of San Francisco within walking distance of CalTrain (perfect for commuting from the south bay). Everyday, amazingly interesting people walk in and out of our doors making for a really exciting working environment.
Send an email with your resume/background/experience to devjobs at techcrunch dot com with the subject line "CrunchBase Developer". If you have worked on side projects, do mention those!